At Donsdale Dental, we might recommend tooth extraction if there is severe tooth decay, advanced periodontal disease, or because the tooth may be very badly damaged, broken or chipped such that it cannot be repaired. Some teeth must be removed because they are poorly positioned in the mouth, or in order to undertake other dental procedures such as orthodontic treatment.
The most common reasons for requiring a tooth extraction include:
- A crowded mouth, which may affect other teeth
- The presence of gum disease, which results in compromised support for the tooth
- Risk of infection
- Broken teeth that cannot be repaired
- Impacted teeth (poorly positioned teeth)
- In preparation for orthodontic treatment
- Infection or severe tooth decay that makes the tooth unrestorable and no longer functional
Whatever the reason for a tooth extraction, Donsdale Dental is here for you! We can safely and effectively extract a tooth that requires it, right here in our West Edmonton dental clinic.