Teeth Cleanings & Dental Hygiene Services
We recommend regular Teeth Cleanings and Dental Check-Ups for Optimum Oral Health
If you are brushing and flossing your teeth every day, you are already doing a great job of keeping your teeth healthy. However, even with good oral hygiene, it’s still possible to develop oral problems like cavities and gum disease. To help prevent these and other problems, and to maintain your healthy smile, regular dental visits are key.
At Donsdale Dental, we offer routine cleanings and thorough dental exams to ensure that your teeth and gums stay in the best possible condition.
The Donsdale Dental Hygiene Team will also complete the following:
- A comprehensive assessment of your gum tissue, checking for gum recession, the presence of gingivitis and possible gum disease
- Polish your teeth to remove surface stains
- Fluoride treatment to strengthen the enamel surface of the teeth in areas that may be weak
- An examination to check the head, neck and jaw areas for abnormalities
- Oral cancer screening to assess the gum tissues, tongue, and lips for signs of oral cancer
- Digital x-rays (when needed)
- A treatment plan used to treat any existing conditions with one of our General Dental Services
Your Cleanings and Check-ups also include an examination by our Dental Team to evaluate the current health of your teeth, gums, and the surrounding tissue. During your appointment for Edmonton Teeth Cleanings and Check-ups, we always encourage you to ask us questions about your oral health — our dedicated team is always here to answer your questions.
How Often Should I Have Teeth Cleanings and Check-ups?
The frequency of your Teeth Cleanings and Check-ups will depend on several factors. Teeth that are susceptible to the accumulation of plaque and calculus, crowded teeth, or people with gum disease, will require more frequent visits and this may not match the frequency for the other members of your family. We evaluate each patient on an individual basis to determine the dental hygiene schedule that will meet your specific needs the best. The majority of the patients who visit Donsdale Dental for their dental hygiene appointments come every six months, but some people may benefit from coming in every 3-4 months, and others may only require their dental hygiene visits every 9 to 12 months.
Learn More about our High River Teeth Cleanings and Dental Check-ups
We know that maintaining the health of your teeth and gums for a lifetime of dental wellness is important to you which is why we offer Edmonton Teeth Cleanings and Dental Check-ups to help you achieve your goal for optimum dental health.