- All appointments will be booked over the phone or via email. Before booking, patients will be pre-screened for health status and potential exposure to COVID-19.
- To facilitate and maintain physical distancing within the practice and limit contact with surfaces, personalized arrival procedures for patients will now include paperless pre-screening via email. We also ask that you call us from the parking lot upon arrival, and we will let you know when we can safely see you in the office.
- All patients and team members will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entering the practice before exiting treatment areas.
- All patients, accompanying adults, and team members are required to wear a mask when inside the practice.
- Adequate reduction and spacing of reception room seating and removal of all non-essential surface items (such as magazines, toys, books, etc.) that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers positioned throughout the clinic.
- Visible signage throughout the practice to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic, as well as to ensure optimized traffic flow and distancing.
- Installation of sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Providing a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide oral pre-rinse for all patients over the age of 12 to minimize the risk of aerosol mediated virus transmission. The rinse decreases the amount of COVID-19 virus in the saliva.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients as well as of all high-touch surfaces throughout the practice.
- Enhanced PPE, including medical masks and/or respirators, face-shields, long sleeve gowns, and head covers for clinical team members.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of all equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner, as well as to facilitate spacing and enhanced cleaning and PPE.
- We can provide Teledentistry services for follow-up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Enhanced ambient air management including clinic ventilation system upgrades.
Please rest assured that our plan is dynamic, and strictly follows all guidelines set by our governing bodies. We will continue to evolve as we continue to learn how to best manage your health and safety, and this section will be updated regularly and accordingly. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions regarding your health and safety.
Our ongoing commitment to our team’s continuing education allows us to pass along what we have learned to you and your family. At Donsdale Dental, we are constantly seeking out the best courses for our team so we can provide you with new and exciting ways to take care of your dental needs and goals.